Inglot Gel Liner #77 Review

Friday 5 September 2014


I've DESPERATELY been wanting to try out the brand Inglot ever since I’ve heard about it. It's hard to get a hold of as seems to be sold literally EVERYWHERE except here in Canada! Well, no I'm lying. In Canada it is sold only in Montreal (8 hours away from me) or online (boo for shipping fees!) - so basically it isn't the easiest to get your hands on for us Canadians.

The number 1 item on my Inglot wish-list for just about AGES is their AMC Eye Liner Gel #77 (Black). I’ve heard way too many rave reviews on this liner and many even consider it their Holy Grail. So obviously I just had to have it! Anyways, I FINALLY managed to pick it up in the States a few weeks ago ( YAYA!) at a Macy's. Of course, I used it immediately and countless times since and have got to say that it is absolutely FAB.

COLOUR & CONSISTENCY


It is the truest, deepest, blackest black there is. It is a vibrant black that kind of “pops”. The finish is somewhere between satin and matte, which is why the black doesn’t look flat and dull. The consistency of the liner is unlike other gel liners. It is so rich, creamy and “wet-like”. This allows the product to glide on oh-so-smoothly. Because it is so creamy and not dry, there’s not need to pull or tug when applying along the lash line. The popular Maybelline Eye Studio Gel liner, on the other hand, is a bit on the drier and duller side compared to the Inglot gel liner.


Left:  Maybelline Eye Studio is a duller black (if you look closely) | Right: Inglot Gel liner on Right is a vibrant black

 

APPLICATION & LONGEVITY


Despite the creamy and wet consistency, this baby dries SUPER fast when applied. I'm talking MILLISECONDS! This is both a pro and a con to me. It is a pro because it won’t smudge and there's no need to wait for it to dry. The con is that, it is hard to reverse or fix a mistake once the liner is set. I don’t have the steadiest hands when applying eyeliner and do make mistakes especially when in a rush. You can't simply rub it off with your fingers or tissue and start over. The best way around this that I know is to use a dry cotton swab (Q-tip) and rub off your mistake (it usually does work for me if I act fast).

The lasting power of this liner is AMAZING. And yes, even without an eye-primer. I never use a primer with eyeliner (only with shadows). Most drugstore eye-liners (gel, liquid or pencil) are almost completely rubbed off in a couple of hours on my lids. Especially when I’ve done a winged liner, the outer wing tends to be the first to disappear. But NOT WITH THIS! - I was so impressed with just how long this liner lasted and still looked good. Even the wing was still exactly in place. Overall, there is very minimal wearing-off even after several hours. It will stay on until you remove it with a quality eye-makeup remover, as doesn't wash off with just water.

Inglot Gel Liner #77 Applied

PRICE & PACKAGING


You'd think this liner would be expensive like all the other gel liners up there, but it is actually super affordable at just $12 USD. It costs significantly less than gel liners by MAC, Bobbi Brown or MakeupForever.

You also get a whole lot of product in this little container. It contains 5.5 grams whereas the Maybelline Gel Liner has 3 grams. As for the packaging, it comes in a very light-weight plastic container.Other gel liners I've seen generally come in more of a sturdy, heavier, glass container. I feel that the plastic container is a little on the cheap side but I’m not bothered as long as the product inside is good (which it is!).

Inglot Gel Liner has 5.5 grams and Maybelline EyeStudio Gel liner has 3 grams

Below is a quick run down of the pros and cons of this liner. The pros definitely outweigh the cons.
.

Pros:


-    True, vibrant blackest black
-    Creamy consistency
-    Glides on smoothly
-    Dries super fast
-    Very long wearing
-    Lots of product at 5.5 grams
-    Very affordable at $12 USD

 

Cons:


-    Not easily available in Canada (except in Montreal or Online)
-    Troublesome to fix mistakes as it dries super-fast

You can buy it here.

It goes without saying, but this has become my new favourite Black Gel Liner! 

What's your favourite liner?